Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pen to Paper

So I wasn't able to complete my Pen To Paper Challenge due to life being overwhelming and the temporary misplacement of my cards hehe.  Since I've adjusted to my new life as a student and found my cards, I've gone ahead and written my notes as I had originally intended!


The first one was to someone whom I haven't seen in 10 years.  We were inseperable! There's a pretty funny story about our meeting too!  When we were about 10, I came home from school the one day and my Grandma said to me "I heard there's someone who is pretty excited that you're back!"  We had temporarily been living in Maryland and had just moved back to New York and apparently this person was THRILLED that I was back.  I looked at my Grandma and asked her what she was talking about.  In response, she asked me if I knew a girl named Heather.  To be perfectly honest, I had NO IDEA who this Heather person was!  Then my Grandma told me that Heather is her sister's granddaughter which made her my third cousin!

I had my friend Faron point her out to me in gym class the one day and we were the best of friends after that!  We were together at every possible opportunity and had tons of fun together.  A few years later, I moved to PA and unfortunately, I have not seen her since!  That move was particularly tough on me because I was so far away from my best friend!

I found her recently on myspace and then on facebook and we had the chance to reconnect.  I still haven't had a chance to go back and visit her but I am dying to!

My last card is to my aunt whom took me to battlefields, national parks, and all kinds of educational places when I was a child.  I believe she is part of the reason why I love to learn!  She also gave me an art kit many years for Christmas because she knew that I love to draw.

 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Photobucket Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!